On Thursday May 27, I will be serving on a panel for the RSA US event on Futures and Foresight, held in partnership with Forum for the Future Americas.
We will be discussing two recent reports released by the RSA, and the Forum for the Future:
- A stitch in time: realising the value of futures and foresight
- From system shock to system change – time to transform
The reports each provides a framework for promoting futures and foresight in our individual and collective decision-making, with the goal of improving our futures in ways large and small.
The purpose of this Salon Talk will be to address “what comes next”? How can we build upon the shared findings to embed the practice of futures and foresight into our everyday lived experience. My recommendation will be to create a narrative and embrace creative communications that can inspire the needed radical transformation of our lives, our culture and our civilization.
Popular This Week
- INTRINSIC VALUE VS. INSTRUMENTAL VALUE – WHAT DO WE CHOOSE? September 7, 2017
- Technology is Not Values Neutral: An Article from… June 29, 2022
- Progress: Making Sense of Complexity July 2, 2022
- WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT SPIRALS? May 29, 2017
- The Universe is Poised to Thrive July 2, 2022
- THE ANSWER TO “THE HOW AND THE WHY” June 1, 2017
- Making Sense of Complexity May 9, 2022
- THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL OF COGNITIVE BIAS – AND HOW TO… September 11, 2017
- PEELING BACK THE LAYERS – MY PERSONAL JOURNEY (EPISODE 4) July 19, 2017
- SPIRALS IN NATURE AND IN SPIRIT October 3, 2017
We often say that we go backward one step for every two steps forward. It is more accurate to describe the process as a spiral. We revisit each question, each challenge, and each unresolved struggle time and time again. As they come back around, we have, hopefully, learned and deepened our understanding. That trajectory is one of an outward, and infinite, spiral.